Preparing for Lease-EndSelect a month to learn more about how to prepare to turn in your vehicle.
Ensure your best Red Carpet Lease experience. The lease-end timeline walks you through every step of the way.
- 6 Months Prior | Identify Your New Vehicle Needs
It is important your new Ford meet your functional needs as well as be exciting to drive. Establishing a list of your wants and needs will help guide your purchase decision.
We have provided some useful tips and tools to assist in making your decision to Buy or Lease a New Ford.
- 4 Months Prior | Receive Your Lease-End Mailing
Your personalized Lease-End Mailing will be sent approximately four (4) months before your scheduled lease-end and contains important information about:
- 3 Months Prior | Discuss Lease-End with Your Ford Dealer
Contact your originating dealer* to discuss your lease-end options, the return of your leased vehicle and your new vehicle needs.
Be sure to ask about available programs and offers that will assist your transition into a new Ford vehicle.
- 2 Months Prior | Prepare for Vehicle Inspection
Lease Vehicle Inspection is conducted near the end of your Red Carpet Lease. For added convenience, you can choose an inspection location ideal for you, such as your home or office.
Vehicle inspection provides you with detailed information about the condition of your vehicle including an assessment of any Excess Wear and Use. Understanding this assessment before lease-end allows you time to arrange for any needed repairs before returning your vehicle.
- 1 Month Prior | Schedule Lease-End Appointment
If you have not done so already, contact your originating dealer* and schedule a lease-end appointment to either Buy or Lease a New Ford, Purchase Your Lease Vehicle or Return Your Lease Vehicle. Be sure to ask about currently available vehicle programs and offers.
Remember, your Ford Dealer can provide any desired repairs, genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts, service and the expertise necessary to prepare your vehicle for return.
- Lease-End | Vehicle Return or Purchase
* If you have moved and it is no longer convenient to return to your originating dealer (the dealership which originated your lease), you may return or purchase your leased vehicle through any participating Ford Dealer. Be sure to schedule an appointment in advance. If you are unable to locate a participating Ford Dealer, please contact our Customer Service Center.